Sunday, July 29, 2007

Transformers needs more... Transformers



Hiyo from the late side. I bring new pics!

First some general activities: I saw Transformers on Wednesday. I have to say while the movie was pretty good, the outing itself was more enjoyable than the movie. Had a nice workout followed by a good dinner and dessert. My sentiments have been voiced by Scott Ramsoomair of VG Cats, but generally Transformers is a decent action movie that is severely lacking as a Transformers movie... the main problem being the triviality of the Transformers in the movie. I liked the many references to 80's cartoons and the original plus the compulsory geek-references, too... but I really was hoping for some really direct ones other than spouting 'More than meets the eye' a few times. Starscream's original voice would be nice. Optimus having his mouth-guard on all the time would be nice too. You could probably call this a G.I. Joe meets Transformers movie that's more the former but the latter got the credit (incidentally there ARE comics out on this premise).

Other than that it's been a fairly decent and 'bleh' worthy week.

I've had some requests come in too. My pal finally sent me one of his pictures which I convereted into Pic 3. Took me HOURS to do and I was experimenting a bit on the shading. Took several sketching iterations too as I was really keen to do this entirely by tablet instead of hand sketching and scanning the drafts. Overall, I quite liked my base sketch which involved a fair amount of shadowing. The flats are nothing spectacular and the shading is slightly off... however, the background and foreground 'smoky' atmosphere with the silhouettes and lights behind is rather nice. The drawing is supposed to reflect his newfound hobby of poker so that he can use it on his own blog or banner or something... I'm not sure yet.

The first pic... the no-nose girl... was a rather rushed experiment on shading using a brush with different flow rates. Not so good so I didn't bother to give her a nose. The second pic, the little raindrops was a request from my mother as she wanted something to add to her presentation that she'll be giving around some countries. I hope they'll serve her well and not get her fired. I tried to cover a range of expressions, assuming she would have some good news and a fair amount of bad news to present. I doubt she'll use many of them, if at all... but mothers are quite the encouraging lot, aren't they?

Anyway gotta sign off. Enjoy 'em

1 comment:

Jaklang said...

Selamat petang kawan.

Yes it was great. I did not expect it to be that cool.

From the coloring i can see that you have put in quite a lot of time.

The color was great, it is stunning.

Regards,
jaklang
www.pokerpostings.blogspot.com