Monday, July 23, 2007

My favourite scene



So I managed to get something out over the weekend. No drinking session tends to be conducive to that. It allows one to sit down and consider going to see Transformers on your own or trying to clear your anime collection backlog.

Anime won... something about saving money. Anyway, 2 pics to test out some stuff. The first is a girl that's partially inspired by Pani Poni Dash, an anime that takes over an hour to watch for one 1/2-hour episode because of all the notes that explain the otaku references within it. So as not to come of as a pedophile, this combines the pink/blond hair of Rebecca Miyamoto, that little ahoge and the chest size of some of the other students. The colouring I tried to base on this Chugworth Academy book I picked up from the local comic store (trying to go against the Harry Potter crowd). So sad that the main site has been down for a while. Anyway hope the book helps me decide on how to colour web-based pictures.

Second pic is something that came to me over the weekend. I was browsing through the old titles and stumbled upon my Eureka 7 lot and I recall how fond I was of that series. Of particular note is when Renton uses the Nirvash (a giant surfing mecha) to save the free-falling Eureka (who has damaged hair and skin at that time due to contact with the Skurve (or Skab?)... or whatever it was called... thus making her look rather boyish. I reckon I drew her more attractive hairstyle numerous times before). Definitely one of the most enjoyable moments although not as emotionally charged as when Renton snapped and massacared a troop of enemy mechs (and soldiers). Anyway, I tried to capture that moment, although my angle is a bit off and not quite as dynamic. Still, I like the depiction of the earth far below... all of this is done in mid-air. Ahhh... I wish I had time to watch that again.

I'll get to the commission requests in time. Not today. Too tired.

No comments: