Sunday, July 22, 2007

What a week...


Phew... it's been quite a week with some deadlines to be met and some generally tiring activities. 'Spelunking' within a very interesting mechanical services tunnel within Melbourne, writing reports and helping proofread some documents. Wolfed down some ChocoChurros (www.chocochurro.com.au) and attended some free drink functions and several seminars. I've also kept at my tablet as you can see.

It's a good thing I have this weekend to put my feet up because next weekend I'll be having a huge get-together to attend (and to pay for) a soiree to celebrate my new job and to congratulate some of the newer Doctors among my old postgrad group. Looking forward to it, but generally dreading the financial hit, especially from the alcohol consumption. I still need to see Transformers, though!

Alright, these two I squeezed out this weekend. The second pic is based off my sister from her visit to Japan recently. I hope it's 'realistically coloured' to her liking as she has made that comment recently. I spent ages trying to get the patterns down and messed a bit with that hedge behind. I really need to start drawing more interesting stuff behind my main stuff. I'm pretty happy with the shading on this one as I've reverted to using a darkened copy of the flats, adding a hidden mask and slowly removing bits.

The first pic was done after to put some relief on the sheer number of women I've been drawing recently. A cool one with wings. Tried something newer with the background but I really should have added more of a 'curve' effect to the lines. Hard to do, really... but at least my sword is straighter in this one. Wings a bit messy, but I reckon it looks pretty nice like that.

Alright, it's late and I've listened to my anime OST collection for quite a bit. Got quite a bit to do tomorrow so I'm signing off.

No comments: