Thursday, March 22, 2007

Poor quality




Once more I am hit by the need to come up with something new so I just wanted to draw up this new character design. That's the three images of this unnamed person with huge sideburns apparently.

Anyway I was trying deperately to get the pose and stylings of Ulqiorra. The eyes, not so bad... the perpetually sad look is cool but I just couldn't get the style right. The hair just seems wrong and I'm still mixed about those dang sideburns. Anyway... the suit's okay.

Last pic is also a continuation of something I'm experimenting with, i.e. mixing pencils with inks (it didn't work out a while back because I was scanning as Black and White instead of Grayscale) while using a blue pencil to do the preliminary outline. I've also tried using a green highlighter to colour a few parts but I've learned something: poor quality highlighter gives weird looking results.

No comments: