Saturday, March 10, 2007

Belated Birthday Greetings





Happy belated birthday, sis! Sorry the online dedication took so long but colouring your picture while experimenting on 'light' sides turned out to be more than I could reasonably handle. That and it's been a tiring week and I had a huge drinking session yesterday night (3 'shots' of alcohol including Vodka and Tequila). Anyway be happy with your picture dedicated to the untold amounts of wealth you will soon garner and the fact that you're one of the first to be coloured at all. Ignore the crappy shading and lighting because I can't afford anything better than a cheap mouse (See the zig-zags on the shadows? That's an unsteady hand at work).

Aaaanyway, that's probably the last coloured pic I'll be working on in a while. They tend to drain a lot of time and effort from me and generally don't tend to look very nice. Well... maybe I can put a few more out but definitely nothing ambitious.

Well, I've done an okay sketch of a gothic lolita coat+corset combination (Pic 1) that a friend brought to my attention. Tres cute, one would have to say but apparently I've been so out of practice that I kinda screwed it up. I need to find a green marker so I can get better shading (another tip from 'Blue Zombie').

Pics 2,3 and 4 were meant to be coloured but I lost the impetus fairly shortly. Momentous task, I assure you. If I ever get the mood to revisit them I might be tempted to add some colour but I wouldn't hold my breath. Pic 2 is (yet another) pretty girl spotted on the trams last weekend sporting one of those bizzare 'I <3 whateva' shirts. Cute, but hard to appreciate in a crowded tram carrying groceries. Pic 3 is of a character called Rouge from the series "Powerstone" ages ago. Sometime during the week I was reminded of that anime and the charmingly proportioned madamoiselle so I thought... fairly easy to colour... why not try lighting with her? Didn't get that far, obviously. Pic 4 is your (you guessed it) Sakura from the mind-blowing-after-a-year-of-crap-fillers Naruto series (props to my pal who first introduced me to it) in her new regalia and slightly matured form. Mmm.... if it wasn't for her deformed right hand I'd probably try to colour her. Oh, well... maybe I can redo it. Can't believe I haven't drawn Naruto characters before this.

Anyway, the alcohol is still coursing somewhere inside me so I reckon I'll stop here. Remember, kids! Drink responsibly (and not like me or my other drunken buddies).

No comments: