Saturday, March 24, 2007

Jealousy!




Wow... seriously. Have you seen the work of professional artists much? How could you NOT be jealous? This time round it's the artist of No Pink Ponies (http://nopinkponies.com/). You can, no, SHOULD check his deviant work via the link from the comic. Insane isn't it? He's even got the attention of Adam F**KING Warren (professional comic artist... has drawn for many series that I love)! How fantastic is THAT? Geez... what does a guy have to do to get to that level, huh?

Anyway the obvious answer is lotsa training and tallent. Lacking that but wanting to flex and grunt as any male should, I set to work to see just how far behind I am. Yup... pretty damn far. Anyway...

What we have here is another attempt at colouring (simplified sketch dramatically) with a new twist in the shadowing. I can't recall what exact method I used but now the shadows aren't all... blackish. I admit this is much more appealing although some regions you just can't see the shadows at all. Anyway, still need to figure out how to blend it in but I think the answer is going to come out as multiple layers of shadowing again. Sigh... still can't do that. I've appended the B&W picture so you can see for yourself what was done to it... roughly. I should start doing backgrounds (as in proper sketches) as well... one day.

The elf girl is just something... I've realised I was losing my ability to draw eyes properly so trying to work around it I came up with a stiff character that I just built the setting around. The last was an attempt at coming up with a comic of sorts. Just thinking how I'd go about drawing a strip showing the horrors of going to the gym (I should start putting in more dialogue as well). Anyway... a bit bland (should have more expression... maybe a heart or something at the girls) and just couldn't convey the horrors of a male locker scenario (for a male... obviously it's not that bad for a female). Why, oh, WHY can't they keep themselves to themselves? Ugh. Side note: panels are totally skewed. I need to use my drawing board to draw proper ones next time.

No comments: