Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Seminar today! What a faker!


Hello once again peoples. 3 updates in a week? What's going on? Procrastination is what... didn't the title of this blog clue you in? I'm so sorry if it didnt. Let me make it up to you by telling you what happened today.

Today I had to attend a seminar for the company that produces the software I'm using for my research. Usual stuff, really... go in and see what new products they have, provide some user feedback and get some free food. If this sounds familiar to you then you're probably thinking of the 'Timeshare' stories you see on telly. Aaaanyway, part of the deal was that users are encouraged to provide some feedback on their usage of the software. Since I did, my supervisor advised me to give one. The result is shown above. God, it's frightening to present in front of so many people with a cannibalised version of a crappy presentation. Thing is, it's even scarier when those researchers hound YOU with difficult questions. Very spooky.

The second is a design I have for an axe. It's decidedly bat-themed and very strucutrally unsound. In other words... it'll break. However, Guild Wars (I play that game) has currently announced a competition for weapon designs and I thought that mine was rather original and unique. Bat-axe! I vill zuck yor blud! BLEH! Feedback is appreciated as I might work more on the design prior to submission.

No comments: