Thursday, September 13, 2007

Manifest 07 Approaches!



It's almost here and none too soon! Manifest 07! Excitement. A weekend drenched with anime so intoxicating I can only hope that I forget about the troubles of work and life in general. I'm even taking the afternoon off just so I can attend (don't worry I pulled overtime working late and during weekends the past few weeks). Lots of stuff waiting for me when I get back, but at least for a few days it'll be bliss.

So practice... needed to practice. I needed some ideas but I found that I'm now quite reliant on inking again to get a cleaner look. My sketches are a bit too messy and hard to erase out.

First pic, was something my cousin suggested I try tonight... a high-tech ninja that became like a mutant-ish with some little techie stuff here and there. However, I've got some room to play with this idea as I was thinking if the swords could link up a la double lightsabers and maybe he could pull some flap things from his back with his hands to act as gliders or something.

Second pic, a naughty one based on a girl I happened upon during web searching. Won't state source.

Third is an attempt to practice drawing Haruhi because I expect that she will be a key point in earning me winning points in any art competitions during Manifest. There's a big Hare Hare Yukai dance off going on and I reckon Haruhi and Peppa-chan (the mascot) will have a great time pushing Kyon about.

Either that or a 300-themed sketch... that would be funny too. I shall determine based off my experience at Manifest. Here's to a good one again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey the ninja turned out pretty nice. Looking forward to the other weapons.

Jaklang said...

Gambateh!