Monday, September 10, 2007

Man, I just want to sleep...




Ugh... so tired. Now that probation is virtually over I'm feeling the pinch. Deadlines for projects that are impossible to meet, software that decides to commit suicide or to spew out garbage despite carefully scrutinising the inputs. The whole works. Working overtime and popping in during weekends despite being advised not to.

Yeah.

Anyway, at least I have Manifest 07 to look forward to. I really hope I can get Friday off early since I've been working overtime these past few days. It's one of the only things keeping me going. Still, I don't seem to have time to practise my drawings. Not like practice would do me good... I just can't seem to get anything out. And I still haven't decided what to focus on for the festival.

On one hand, Pani Poni Dash was introduced last year and I love the cute yet busty girls plus the strange things they are involved in. To that extent, I am fascinated with some of the expressions involved, including the blank 'Maho' expression on Himeko the ahoge girl to Rebecca's priceless expression in the Bugyo episode.

On the other... we've got that big Hare Hare Yukai dance on this year (I haven't practiced!) that I'm sure will win me points if I can draw the mascot dancing to it. Hmmm... that seems the safer bet and I do like Nagato a lot. Dance is pretty quick and hard to draw though. Would be nice to draw an exasperated Kyon.

Anyway, Chainsaw Dave makes a return. It was supposed to be a build-up towards Halloween, with another grand drawing stashed somewhere that never got completed. Chainsaw Dave now features contrast. Will he ever be coloured? Who knows?

And the last was something whipped up quickly afterwards. Could have done better. Will keep with the B&W sketches and inkings until at least after Manifest. I've found a site that has some good tutorials on how to colour that I might work on later, but definitely not while I'm this busy. Plus, I need to design more cards when the opportunity arises.

No comments: