Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More requests!


So my infamy has become somewhat spread around has it? Or perhaps people getting a bit jealous of my Display Pictures on MSN?

Anyway, a good friend has been bugging me to draw him (again) but this time in colour. I challenged him to give me something sketch-and-colour-worthy (seeing as I'd much prefer pretty girls). I got... well... something acceptable and he HAS been raving about this Metal Gear Solid (yes... MGS is Metal Gear Solid, not Methodist Girls' School) game for his PSP (auto-aim is for losers, pal) so I obliged. Makes for a pretty nice DP apparently.

So after I flexed my long unused colouring muscles, I decided to pop out another meganemoe pic for my own benefit. This time I tried to use some pretty sneaky methods like more organised shading, clouds and glass effects. Not to mention that it was originally sketched by pencil and not inked as I usually do for my coloured pictures. Had to play around with contrasts and brightness a lot. Hey, I've got bad fashion (and colour) taste! I also made a mistake in the shading but I won't draw too much attention to that.

As to the previous political sketch I did... well... my friend is colouring it. Hopefully he'll be able to show of HIS colouring skills (it's a real nightmare to colour, I can assure you) and if I like it I'll plonk it here for you to see.

Reading a LOT of fantastic webcomics lately. Jealous of some who make it to having their own stalls at conventions. Then again... I wonder if I can stomach drawing yaoi and yuri pictures all day long and missing out on the screenings. Hmmm... Yuri, maybe... but I'd need to see some action IN PERSON before I can really draw it realistically.

Okay, I'm signing off. I shouldn't be up this late.

No comments: