Thursday, June 07, 2007

Work? Me?


So... work? Me? Yeah... I finally got offered a position and I'm starting coming week. Frightening, huh? The thought of me with responsibilities that is.

Good news is that I'm at least in Melbourne doing something I spent 3 years working on already (ignore my numerous complaints on CFD for those years). My previous offer required me to work in Canberra and to consider citizenship. To be honest... it's not like I wouldn't do that but it's just something I'd prefer to decide on a few years down the line. Still... I'm pretty worried about starting and I really hope I can handle this.

So my updates may become more and more intermittent. Very dependent on time as it is. Anyway today's update was to let you know about my employment status. Because I don't usually do a pictureless update, I've included two things I'm working on. The first is a 'Devil who's like a DJ with turntables' as requested by the family's son. I intend to add colour in the following days if I'm not too busy. The second is another contribution to the website http://www.discountpolitics.com/ that my friend is still building up. Behold his webmaster skills. Much like me learning photoshop from scratch this fellow (the genius that he is) is also learning website creation from below scratch. I might need his assistance one of these days so I think I should keep in good books with him. I haven't added speech bubbles as per his idea, but I guess I can do that later once he's okay'ed the sketch.

Anyway I need to iron a pair of pants and a shirt. I have to meet my boss for a short walk around tomorrow morning and I really don't want to be late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a walk with the bos? wow.... i're already very higly regarded