Monday, April 23, 2007

I thought I didn't have to take tests anymore...






Hola, senors and senoritas. Especially the senoritas. Welcome back to the people who have just returned from a short trip to Japan. I hope your journey was fruitful and that you enjoyed the entire experience.
Man, it's been a busy week. Still actively seeking employment and being evaluated by all these companies. I thought I didn't have to sit for any more tests but here I am, waking up early and dressing smartly to go for these bizzare tests here and there. Some online, too. Well, at least there's free candy, and it's still probably better than actual employment itself. Still, we gotta do what we gotta do.
Anyway there's been fairly little time to come up with any new drawings. However, I did manage to sit down and come up with more Ouran fanart. Man, is this series great! I've dedicated two pictures (Pic 4 and Pic 5) to the Low-Blood-Pressure King Kyouya, specifically taken from Episode 17. Gotta love that glower. Pic 6, oddly enough, also comes from that episode and features Renge in a different attire. Better do your homework, kids! You'll notice that I'm slowly getting better at shading despite terribly shaky mouse hands. This is due to a new technique I've learned using Masks on different layers that allow me gradients of darkness and lightness. I quite like it, really! Still, some are terribly bumpy and jagged because I still haven't mastered the mouse (and mine's not the best quality either). For Renge, I intended to put some lighting in, but I just gave up after colouring the two Kyouyas. Generally the 'Magic Wand' allows me faster flat colouring, but shadowing still takes a lot of time and I still don't quite know where exactly should the shadows apply.
The first pic is something I came up with while at Minifest that I didn't upload previously. Sometime between certain events, if I recall. Pic 2 is Nagato Yuki from the Melancholy of Haruhu Suzumiya (that dancing anime!). Uh... I really wanted to colour this but after doing three pictures I couldn't bring myself to do one more, particularly since the picture itself is a bit off and I wanted to maintain my Ouran fandom. Pic 3 is a rough sketch of Adelle Nahashid from the manga Pilgrim Jager that I'm reading currently. The story is somewhat 'Priest'-ish and the art is fantastic (Mami Itoh, I believe, draws). A tad bit complicated but I love the gore.
Alright I've spent way too much time reporting this. This was meant to be a 'welcome back' in addition to a 'ahhhh... nobody's been nagging me for sketches for a while' note to the readers. Au revoir, mates.

No comments: