Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hooray for Haruhi!

Hooray for Haruhi and in more than one case. Haruhi from 'Ouran High School Host Club' and Haruhi from 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'. Both excellent in their own way, but Ouran's Haruhi has actually pulled my from my sci-fi fantasty genres into the realm of shoujo stories with reverse harems!

Anyway, feeling a bit adventurous, I've come up with another coloured comic. Good news is I've found an excellent way of colouring the comic that is really easy! See? I've even had time to try double-layered shadowing and putting one of my mum's pretty photos from Japan in the background. Not too shabby but it has it's drawbacks, e.g. demands on cleanliness, which I lack generally. You'll note that the sketch has several flaws too that I only realised when I was inking. Anyway definitely made colouring easier.

If I can think of anything to draw after this I'll try to get them uploaded.

No comments: