Sunday, February 25, 2007

Post-Wastement






Hiya again everyone. Remember the promise that I'd do SOMETHING to commemorate (right... I'm sure there's a few Ms in that word) the Chinese New Year that I was not in attendance this year? Well here it is. I shall call it 'Pigs Playing Mahjong' after the celebrated 'Dogs Playing Poker' which I believe was originally called 'A Friend in Need' or something like that. Whenever I hear about the FEASTS that everyone else is having in this season, my stomach gets that bit more rumblier. Okay, a LOT more.

I mean seriously... these people don't even EAT that much. Yet me, the one who puts it away is now on a decidedly stricter dieting policy. Where's the justice?

Anyway, it's not all bleak. Yesterday night I had a good time playing poker at a friend's place. Poker and chess... what a combination. No, I didn't win the pot, but it was all in good fun. I got lots of alcohol from it though. More than what I'd usually drink in a year, in fact. While I managed to walk back safely (or so it would seem... perhaps it's a 6th Sense scenario?) I really felt the effects late last night, when I couldn't even lie down for fear of the world spinning around. Thank goodness there were chips and pizza. Nevertheless, I got the compulsory gambling during Chinese New Year thing done anyway.

Okay, some of you must be scratching your heads wondering... why the heck is this dude drawing FAIRIES again? Am I still hung over? Possibly... but a recent conversation has revealed that someone still has a thing for fairies. Just... fairies of the kind I have no idea about. I could be totally going on the wrong path for this. The fairies in question could be those half-naked buffed freaks of nature that pass for ancient lore. I have no idea. Nevertheless, devoid of ideas I just thought... why not? Let's see if I can get closer to the original intent.

Edit: Just added that whimsical picture of the bubbles. Just for the heck of it. Yup. For the HECK of it. Nyah!

1 comment:

Rowan said...

Definitely liked the hogs, Baron.. Is, as always, impressed whenever I drop in to this blog..
Regards, Rowan