Thursday, February 22, 2007

Magnum Opus!

Okay so it may not really BE the best thing you've seen in your life, but it took me hours to come up with the idea and even longer to draw it. HOURS! All at a friend's behest, mind you, but I thought I'd do something to really stretch out my current level of skills.

So there we have it, the culmination of it all. I tried to put into practice everything I've gained from reading countless comics and mangas into a simple page with no dialogue. Slightly better perspectives than my last full page effort. More comic elements although I really had some troubles figuring out how to do action lines and all that (I always took them for granted in the comics). Some seriously sloppy bits here and there. However, the panel placements are pretty dang cool if I do say so myself.

So... Chinese New Year, huh? I haven't done a sketch to commemorate that. Maybe will do one later if I'm not totally exhausted. Well hope it's been a good one for you. Foodwise it's not been tops this year but that's mostly because I'm drafted into that healthy lifestyle thingy. Yes, I'm still whinging about it. Blah to you! Nevertheless I managed to pop into the city to chase away bad spirits with all the clanging of lion dances (but no fireworks because of fire ban). Nevertheless I'm glad I got to meet up with my family and friends in my last visit to Malaysia, which I couldn't do last year.

And what about Heroes, huh? Imagine someone who is so addicted to cartoons and anime watching that... er... mostly shadowy-dark series. Oh... the fantastic non-use of superhuman powers. I won't lie to you, people. I expected a lot more confrontations. Still, Hiro is pretty dang cool and thus the major character in the comic.

Awrite... I'm outta here. Exhausted as heck!

No comments: