Thursday, February 23, 2006

Uninvited - The Story Pt 6

BM: Throughout the early performances I was consistently impressed by her many talents. Music, literature and science... she was clearly in a league for beyond mine but that didn't stop me from trying. It's strange though... I can't quite recall any of the performances that day.

BM: After the performances the elocution contest began and my turn came up quickly. Panic set in as I was confronted by unfamiliar grounds and a hallful of talent. I lost control of my arms and they were flailing all over the place in a pathetic attempt to add emphasis to my words. I looked like a bloody windmill. It was only a small blessing that I still managed to deliver my speech properly.

BM: She, however, was as professional as she was on our first meeting. I could have sworn she was even better than she had ever been and the crowd must have thought the same. Once more she flawlessly played the audience like a musical isntrument and it was obvious the competition was hers.
BM: I felt hesitant to approach her after. I hadn't done very well, although my English teacher felt that given the amount of time I had been given it was indeed a valiant effort. Realising that this would be truly my last chance, I steeled myself and congratulated her and bade her farewell. For my efforts, I was rewarded with her phone number and acknowledgement. Things definitely looked better, this time...

(To be continued...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was trying to match ur 'windmill' hands to one another. Good thing you knew her at that point of time, or the best u'll get, if u knew her now, is an e-mail address.

Anonymous said...

What is this ? I've gone to switzerland, got to use the computer, check ur blog when i have dozens of words to memorize, and u didn't update??? Hahaha, that means u're busy. Take care.

Baron Crovax said...

Extremely busy, yes...

You go study, girl! I've got to squeeze out a big load of **** over the weekend before I'll be free enough to work on this again.

Baron Crovax said...

Hey, Swiss Miss! Your mailbox is full.