Thursday, February 02, 2006

Uninvited - The Story Pt 4

BM: There was to be a 2-man elocution contest at another school. My seniors were supposed to participate, but one couldn't make it. This forced the English teacher to turn to the debate team for help. The others were hesitant, but being the attention-hog I am I accepted.

BM: It was a pretty last-minute thing so I didn't have much time to prepare. I hastily wrote a short essay on some trivial topic I found in the news and taking themes from previous presentations I had done. It wasn't very well researched and I was hoping that my delivery would be sufficient to pull me through, so I knew I had to work on that.
BM: I didn't have any coaching on how to handle elocution contests, and I had not done anything of the sort outside of my school. I really did not know what to expect, although I really didn't have much time to worry about this. I had to make do with the little time I had as well as the audience I had to put up with...

(To be continued...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ur audiences are soooooooooo cute
hahahha. i'll just add the applauses for them.
*applause*