Friday, February 10, 2006

Uninvited - The Story Pt 5

BM: The competition was held at a different school, one far bigger and more impressive than mine. I was gawking like a slack-jawed yokel while inside I was fighting to suppress the nervousness that threatened to come up.


BM: The hall where the competition was being held was large and intimidating. It was buzzing with the participants, judges and students forced into providing entertainment prior to, and after, the main event. Everybody was getting prepared and the prospects didn't look very good for me. I was sweating as I gazed at the talent all around me when...

BM: ... all of a sudden I spotted her within the crowd. I can't remember exactly how I felt at that moment but I imagine all that pent-up nervousness just decided to mutate and explode right at that moment into a mixture of fear, confusion and perhaps a tint of longing and gratitude.

BM: This was beyond a coincidence, and if it was indeed divine providence then I would be a greater fool to ignore it. Making my way towards her I fumbled a greeting and hoped that I wasn't nailing my coffin shut. With a nervous grin I stood there for a few seconds while she tried to recall who I was... and was instantly relieved when she at last recalled our last meeting, if not my name. I had a leg to stand on, at least, and it was far from the worst scenario I imagined.

(To be continued...)

2 comments:

Baron Crovax said...

Just some notes:

1) Yes... you might have noticed that these pictures have quite a bit more background than the previous ones. Just thought I'd try it out. You'd also notice that I really didn't do the stage in Pic 2 very well. Sorry... it's kinda hard to do those panaromic scenes

2) Pic 4... those weren't meant to be stink lines. They were meant to be NERVOUS lines. Still, it could probably be within reason to believe that I stank with all that perspiration coming out.

Baron Crovax said...

3) I've also noticed that in Pic 3, 'she' and her partner have HORRIBLY stiff poses. I was half drugged when I sketched that and obviously forgot to incorporate her lively personality (her partner was rather stiff, anyway). I hope to rectify this in future panels.