Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Uninvited - The Story Pt 3

BM: Funny thing, though... If you just stop and think for a while all that resentment eventually dissipates and what fills the void is a sense of admiration. We were well and truly beaten by the best, and they weren't poor winners either. Shaking hands, we bid each other farewell.

BM: If you let that admiration stay with you, though, it can sometimes become something stronger. Although the competition was long over, there was this nagging little thought in my mind that I just couldn't get rid of. My little encounter with her had left a permanent impression.

BM: Of course as time passed I began to accept that I would never see her again. Our schools were far apart and the only thing I had of her was a memory. Man, I sure was pathetic and I regret that. Anyway, it's not like I didn't have other things to think of at the time. Exams were drawing near and preparations had to be done. Panic partially dulled the emptiness.

BM: Strange thing about my life, though: God has always given me second chances. Always. I don't know what I did to deserve them, but this was one of those times...

(To be continued...)

P.S. Additional notes in Comments.

1 comment:

Baron Crovax said...

2 things to say:

1) I really like Edvard Munch's (Is that spelt right?) "The Scream" which I tried to implement in this week's third panel. It's a pale comparison but then again I haven't really stood before the original before.

2) Some people MIGHT say that BM's hair approaches a Naruto style. Well... that wasn't my intention. What I did intend to convey was that the stress at that time had made me pull out my hair and all that jazz. Still, makes BM look cute, doesn't it?

Also, a bit rough sketches here and there that didn't get erased. I don't really use my eraser that much since the pencils mostly don't scan in anyway and if it's a mistake it's usually in ink.

Anyway hope you're liking it so far. Might be a while until the next one to build suspense. Maybe I might break a bit to do some 'other sketches' for a while.

Take care.