Friday, January 06, 2006

Hey wait.... who's that girl?!?





And a late evening to you peeps! I'm fairly on time this week! Woohoo for you! Nevertheless, I had some leftover sketches from the last update and one recently finished one! The heat has gone and work has resumed but sleep has been fitful. Oh, well...

Picture 1 was supposed to be a tribute to this FFXI online representation of one of the characters on MacHall (http://www.machall.com/) but ended up looking just queer. I know, the pose is a bit stiff and the sketch is rough, but it was a second thought addition. Now, while this isn't topping the charts of my favourite webcomics, I'll have to say they can be very insightful (painfully so, often) and rather funny at times. It's interesting to note that they show a notable progression of art to something similar to Applegeeks (see below). All-in-all a very good comic to check out.

Picture 2 is a tribute to Sin City. No, not the original comics. They are pretty gritty and gruesome, but you should know by now that my preferences tend towards manga and anime. Still, the movie was awesome and the storyline fits my sadistic mind. Everyone loves Marv and his nasty, nasty ways in the movie. Well, no matter what criticism I have against Frank Miller, I just can't emulate his work. Therefore I present to you a really bad version of Marv. If you haven't seen the movie, go see it NOW.

Oooh... who's that girl in picture 3? Who's this enigmatic little Geisha? Those captivating eyes and the sensual pose? Perhaps you're wondering if she was taken out of my twisted mind. HAH! Well, if you don't know who she is then you're better off not knowing. To you who do know, well... I can only hope I captured the right... elements.

And picture 4, another passing fancy. See, I got this book with crazy Japanese fashions seen on Shibuya and Harajuku for my birthday (a long while back). I have terrible sense of fashion and thus all my previous sketches are so drab looking. Well, I decided to open up the book and choose some fashions to sketch here and there for ideas. Well, here's one. I'll work on some others later.

Just another note that my friend and I have been discussing putting up some past memories into comics but there are several issues I would not like to reveal at present. Nevertheless, it was good to reminisce of the old days. I shall put into consideration this option for the future. Stay tuned. Until then, take care and enjoy the new year. Hope it's been good. Oh, did I wish you all a Merry Christmas? Well too late for that. Enjoy anyway.

2 comments:

Baron Crovax said...

Thank you for your support.

Anonymous said...

Hey wait... who's that girl ?
first thing i said was
What the hell ?

Anyway, thanks so much for the super gorgeous pic that the real life had no match for it.

Thanks a millionnnnn billionnn gazziliiooooonnnnnnnnnnn

somehow my account hv been somewhat abolish. Hahaha
Anonymous then . Hahaha