Monday, October 15, 2007

The Return


Alright, settle down, men. Geez, don't get all excited.

Yeah, it's been a while hasn't it? Busy busy busy. I had to go do site visits: a military base. That was pretty damn cool, if I do say so myself. It's a pity I didn't really SEE any shooting going on. Just heard them, although I caught a peek at some mortar training.

Well, at least work's toned down recently. I haven't had to ship off to Sydney yet for my training so I'm a bit happy. I got myself Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, which is a barrel-full of fun if you have a LONG stylus. I wish I had a DS Lite... but then again I also long for the sinful (but oh-so-not-gamer-oriented) PSP. Ah, decisions.

Alright, I've abandoned that colouring style I mentioned last week. I just can't keep up with it and I'm way too messy. I prefer the cell-shaded style anyway. So a week or so back, I popped up pic 1 to compare the difference. That's not to say I haven't learned anything from that other style. I realise that sketching using an airbrush stroke is a lot closer to what I would get using a pencil, which is close to what I'm looking for. Therefore, the method is pretty idea for that purpose which I used to cough out pic 2 and 3. Add some cell-shading and highlighs for pic 2 and there you have it. But I'm still working up to some horror-themed works come Halloween.

Side note: I actually gave a company presentation on my Masters thesis and did some sketches to spice it up. Fortunately it gave the result I wanted: I got a fair amount of laughs on a dreary Friday morning and became a centerpiece of conversation. I'll also note that this isn't the first presentation that has employed my 'handicrafts'.

Oh yes, Ying2. I must insist I receive a mailing address. Otherwise I will be forced to take drastic actions. How drastic? You don't want to know. Happy Birthday, by the way.

No comments: