Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween 07's a'comin



oooOOOOOooooo.... Spookytime's almost here. Sigh. Unfortunately I couldn't complete a decent Beanie Man vs Chainsaw Dave pic in time. I have been a bit distracted by a few things: my new PSP and the awesome anime 'Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei'. Well that and the fact that I just couldn't get a decent thought on paper that had that chilling Halloween feel about it. I even borrowed a heap of Mignola's Hellboy comics to inspire me, but it was just too hard.
Thank god for Zetsubou Sensei (if only I was a woman...). I mean seriously, that guy is totally cool in an emotionally depressed gothic sort of way. Well, as a guy, I can say I love every one of his twisted students, from the stalker, to the recluse to the anal retentive demon. So deliciously flawed and yet so perfect. Anyway, that anime had splices of chilling scenes and one of the ending theme ones really got me inspired to do Pic 2 (rough sketch) to Pic 3 (final version). Oh, that absolute look about her. I only wish I could capture it as it was in the anime. Tell you guys what. Go look it up in Youtube. Worth the watch, especially the 2nd OP (from ep 4 onwards).

Asides from that, I've also been enchanted with some of the ARIA soundtracks. Brings memories of a scene I saw during Minifest this year with the entire Venice-like town flooded, but in a serene way (not like the floods disasters). It was a very pristine and calm scene, that accompanied with the angelic music really heightens the mood. Anyway, I tried to do something similar and work a bit on my shadows. Spent ages on her hair. I do realise the background's a bit weird.

Alright, hope you guys have a safe but spooky Halloween. Especially those of you living alone at the moment. If you want, I can try to come up with some chilling tales to get you into the mood.

No comments: