Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Work is Hard... and Dangerous

So I've started working. Doing building energy modelling and sunlight stuff. Tough stuff as it's been 1.5 weeks and I've barely got a model running (no analysis yet). I'm getting worried... I don't want to be a lead weight! Hopefully not dragging my partner (currently tutor) down with me.

But there you go... work IS hard... and rather mundane. Getting up early is taking its toll and weekends go by too quickly. Holidays seem too far apart (well, they ARE in Australia). At least I don't have to do weekends. This has left me rather buggered throughout the week so I haven't been able to fulfill the number of requests I left in my 'IN' pile prior to starting work.

Anyway, in order to put up a post, I did try to do ONE request. Girls bashing up a snatch thief. I'm sorry... it just didn't turn out right. I just couldn't feel for it, despite being a victim of said crime before. Besides, it's more of a practice thing. If I have time I'll rework it.

So... terrible incident happened in Melbourne yesterday. Some guy went amok on his girlfriend and her friend right in the city (a few blocks from work) and when some guys went to her aid he shot them all and killed one guy (wounded 2 others). Got away and still isn't caught. We had to be locked up in our offices until the arvo as they scanned the city in search of the gunman. Good thing I was safely in a meeting at that time. Could have been any one of us, really. Real shame about the guy who died though. Terrible stuff. Melbourne IS pretty dangerous.

Anyway, that's my excuse for nothing the past weeks. Oh, that and the guys not inviting me out to drinks (and thereby stirring up my creative juices)!

No comments: