Thursday, December 08, 2005

More things I like...

Hey hey again. Just a quick addition to my previous post. I couldn't contain my love for these things so I have to just spell it out for you guys.

First things first. The first pic you see should be the beautiful mecha shown in the anime Eureka 7. I only wish my skills could match the true beauty of the anime. You... must... watch... this... series. The animation is tops although if there's one thing I have to complain about is that the fight sequences aren't as long as I'd like them to be. They are beautifully graceful nonetheless. The story, although slow to some people, is relatively well paced and shows the development of the protagonist well. You can't go wrong with the music as well... it's pulsating and can be tender at times. All in all, it definitely builds the atmosphere. I... love... this... series. Go watch it.


I mentioned previously that I was also very keen on webcomics and webmanga. Well, among my searching around I found this brilliant doujinshi (kinda like fan comics based on a popular anime series or manga) written by an anonymous artist that once again, I... really... love. Well, those who know me know I'm a Cartoon Network fan. This dude (I think) used a lot of CN characters (and others as well) and weaved them into a deep and dark story which tickles my fancy to no end. Please check it out: http://bleedman.snafu-comics.com/ . You won't regret it. Thank you, bleedman, whoever you are. Your art stylings and mecha put me to shame.

No comments: