Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Macabre stylings of a madman



Hello there boys and girls. We return once again to the macbre stylings of a madman. I apologise for the sombre post last week and the fact that asides from that I haven't added anything much. Well, there's a drawing bonanza as I flex my pencil and throw out a few more pictures. I'm sad to say that at this rate I can only be churning out pics like these. I doubt I'll be ready to do a comic anytime soon. Anyway hope these and my commentary will keep you entertained.

The first few sketches are inspired by the webcomic Applegeeks. These guys are freaking brilliant artists and you should honestly (if you haven't already) check them out: http://applegeeks.com/ . They do very good work and I'm so far out of their league I'm ashamed to admit it. Thing is, one of the guys has this character that's rather like Beanie Man, my alter ego! So much difference!

There are a few more other webcomics but I'd rather post them out one by one noting which I really love and what I love about them (mostly I'll just rave about their art styles and so on) but let Applegeeks be the first. Makes me wish I could do whatever they do. Anyway, to end I shall pop off 2 more pieces. One is a pic that struck me while I was walking home in the rain. I wondered with the current medium I'm using (whooo... sounds like a real artist, eh?) wether or not I'm able to do a 'rain' scene. Not that fantastic but it'll do. Might try to figure out a better way later. The second one is an idea I had: hobo girl! (Not Dr. Hobo of VG Cats!) I was just curious wether I could create a rather pretty but scruffy looking girl. There you go.

No comments: