Monday, December 19, 2005

Feverish... and late




Ah, my apologies to all, so sorry! I was going to post sometime last week, but got really carried away with work and life. Depression was really gripping me tight as I struggled to complete whatever I'm writing and problems kept propping up. But the above more or less summarises what's been happening.

First of all, I attended a ballet performance of my housemate. Now, before you nay-sayers taunt me to death, I'll say this: although these guys are young, they are GOOD. Seriously, if you appreciate classical music, it's worth seeing at least one ballet performance in your life. These kids embodied the music itself. Props have to be given to the choreographer. It's a very serious business. Unfortunately, my poor memory and chronic lateness allow me only to put up a very general idea picture but the last acy, Don Quixote, had fantastic costumes and brilliant dancing. How I envy these people.

The first picture was this cute little girl I saw while shopping today. Well, she's actually cuter (and much smaller) in real life but I was impressed with the 'gothic' style she had so I just couldn't resist. I just couldn't do justice, though, which is a pity. Ah, well... gothic really looks good for those who can pull it off.

And finally, another 'I like this and that' honorable mention: Megatokyo, which can be found at: http://www.megatokyo.com . I've only recently been delving into this webartist's work but he's really impressive. Sort of favours a bishoujo style of art, but can get edgy when he wants to. Loves bishoujo, though, and really excels in beautiful artwork. Try to find his art site somewhere within that page as well. It's well worth it.

Anywayz, I got to get back to rest... er I mean work. I swear, though, that my scanner is really the pits. It has horrible contrast and my work tends to get 'smudgy' after the scan. Paint is also a crappy program to edit the pictures (mostly just resizing them... can't even begin to clean the images up). Ah, well... when you spend your money unwisely, this is what you get. Anyway, you all take care.

No comments: