Tuesday, October 04, 2005

First attempt at a comic!

Ah, the joys of having a laser pointer. I recently got one for a conference presentation and I have not regretted it since. Sniping colleagues from across rooms, lighting unmentionables that I might have stepped on in the dark, creating dancing lights to amuse the bored mind... There's no end to it. Give a male engineer such a dangerous toy (mine is a Class IIIA laser!) and he'll start dreaming nice things. The above is my first attempt at a real 'comic' and depicts some of the fantasies I have waving my pointer about. Henceforth, 'Beanie-Man' will be my personal avatar on this blog, I believe.


Once again I've tried working on perspective but failing rather miserably. I had no idea what Agent Smith looks like since I had no references in front of me (I prefer to draw straight from the mind) and hold the critiques on Neo and Trinity. Still, Dynamic posing seems rather fun although the Agent looks like rigor mortis has set in. And I screwed up on his jacket a bit. I wanted to have neo give a driving punch but just plumb forgot.

This drawing of General Greivous was made to fulfil a promise to a very good friend over the recent years. He's been encouraging me to flex my sketching muscles and create one of his most favourite Star Wars characters but I couldn't find the inspiration nor time in the past. Well, this is the final result and I will apoligise for the relative crudeness again (especially the cape, which was added in as an afterthought!).

No comments: