Monday, October 10, 2005





Ah, some hurried additions today. I don't think I really have time to make much adjustment to the alignment of the pictures either so forgive the sloppiness. Anyway as long as they're all here it's all good I suppose. The first thing that has to be said is a big 'Thanks!' to the many friends who have given warm words of encouragement towards my efforts and those who have spurred me onwards. I hope I can meet up to your cruel and gruelling standards.

So let's describe what I've attempted to do for these past few days. The first one you should see, depicting the femme in the blotched sketch with the huge weapon (insipired by Sech's from Battle Angel Alita: Last Order) was my experiment on wether having pencil shading would work with the current technique. Well... in a way it didn't as the original work had a crisper look to it. However, this scanned version does have some sort of visual appeal, appearing slightly more 'scarred' in a way.

The second picture with the big fight going on seems to be one of my attempts at perhaps one day moving into a fight-oriented comic. The perspective is again slightly skewed (I'm learning! I'm learning!) and I know the 2 pictures should be separated with more dramatising (e.g. eyes, blade movement) but I tried to capture the feel of facing and hitting multiple opponents.

The last was an attempt at creating a costume for the Necromancer featured in Guild Wars. As the players might know already, there is a Halloween competition coming up. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something good by the deadline for submission.

Okay that's it, boys and girls. Thank you for your attention. You may return to your daily lives now.

No comments: