Monday, November 13, 2006

Late Halloween Update...







... but we have a Monster and Ghoul bonanza, ladies and gentlemen. I sincerely apologise for the downtime, if you were looking forward to an update. Nothing much was happening in my life, therefore I didn't feel any need to put a blog post up. I did have a few sketches handy, just lazy to scan.

Due to the lack of anything else, I'll just do brief descriptions of the sketches. The first one I believe is one of my more creative ideas. I was listening to the Christmas music (yes... they're out NOW) and just felt that Frosty really should be zombified! So we have a mix of sinister Halloween and pure snowy goodness (not that it snows here during Christmas).

Next is based off something I read a while back that every graveyard is protected by a head spirit. It usually takes the form of a knight or a small child. Well, I can't draw nasty knights very well, so why not a creepy child? Okay... she's like a goth reject. I'll work on it one day.

Third is a tribute to the webcomic 'Gone with the Blastwave' (http://www.blastwavecomic.com/). I swear... the world is full of talented artists like this and it puts the rest of the amatuers like me into a deep, pathetic shame. No official training either, but truly a master! Argh! Jealous!

Ahhh.... the fourth pic has an interesting story. One night, while sleeping, I dreamt of a girl who committed suicide and haunts this school that looks oddly like a cross between my primary and secondary school. Hauntingly beautiful, yet extremely timid. Now, I couldn't EXACTLY reproduce the girl from my dreams, but somehow I tried to do my best. I also can't remember what really happened in the dream except for some bits... but that's pretty much like all my dreams.

Fifth is some random generic insectoid-like creature that I tried to come up with just to bring some variety to my monsters... nothing special except I was staring at a Daddy-long-legs at that time.

Final pic is to celebrate the coming of heat to Australia and the decreased volume of clothing that brings. It also commemorates a certain friend who has a knack of busting her ankle. Based off the insides of a tram... where I spend a lot of time.

Well, to sign off I guess I should wish the best of luck to those of you whom I know are taking exams. Well... there's really not that many of you, are there? Even less if I consider the ones that actually know of this site. Oh, well... good luck. Don't stress too much on these trivial matters.

Boo-ye Boo-ye

No comments: