Monday, November 27, 2006

Bikko and more!






Hello all and congratulations to the multitude of couples being wed this season including my colleague and my cousin. My goodness... what is it about this season?

Perhaps it is a very non-subtle hint with regards to peer pressure. Frightening. Well, being the failure I am, who knows what will happen, eh? No, no... I shan't be bitter about this. After all, it is indeed a joyous occasion full of emotion... well that's what it seems like.

Well, at least there's good food abound. That's always great.

Anyway, this week's (or fortnight's) slew of pics are inspired by a certain injured friend. It seems that crippled women can have an air of danger or liveliness about them, too! Well, the first and foruth pictures feature this girl fondly referred to as Bikko. I'm not quite sure what anime created her, but my browsing around has piqued my interest. A girl crippled horribly in an acccident, losing her right eye and left leg but still going on in life. Major cute-age too.

The second is some character I've drawn for a while. I've just realised her proportions are out, but I wanted to capture the danger one can pose if armed with a cane and a cast with a hidden dagger. Somehow didn't turn out as menacing as I intended. Need to work on that idea.

The last picture was supposed to be inspired by a blind woman wielding a naginata as seen in Samurai Champloo. I hadn't seen that episode in a long time but I recall she really whupped the two protagonists in the show. Now that was a deadly woman. I've failed to capture her calm and I certainly couldn't be bothered to provide the lavish background of that episode (I believe it was an engrossing bridge fight scene).

Mixed in between these is a nice little pic I drew of Raven from Teen Titans. Again, I just like her so I threw her in for fun. No cripple about her. Hmmm... well not any yet.

Okay, that's enough misogynistic content today. Off you go, you who have bore witness to depravity.

No comments: