Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, y'all!




Hey-hey, kids!

First of all, since it's not Christmas yet, I should wish my deepest congratulations to the newly-wed couple. Whoo boy. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, but I know that the excess of food left in my absence won't go to waste. I eagerly await news on how the wedding went.

Okay back to holiday mischief, after constant prodding for more sketches. Well, I stopped using plain pencils and did some inking again for these bits, so it's much clearer. Takes more time and geez, if there's a mistake I can't be bothered to go through the process of cleaning up. Bleh. I should break out and use my new ink pens, but gotta try to finish off the old ones first.

Anyway, I tried to come up with some Christmassy themes. The first one that came impulsively, was the rambo-santa-esque design (pic 2), oft depicted in South Park. Bleh, I know. It's so much like the other stuff I draw: some protagonist in the front with some baddies looming behind. Rather boring.

So I tried to think deep and I remembered this tale I'd forgotten a long time back. That little match girl. You know... the one that froze to death. Grim, huh? Anyway, I kinda messed up a bit and decided to work beyond that mistake to create a 'gritty' feel with all that 'messy' lines here and there. Kinda gives the 'undefined boundaries' that you get from an incandescent match, I hope.

Finally, a last picture that I invite you to read into on your own.

Anyway. Merry Christmas again. Enjoy the new year!

No comments: