Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Experiments in Gothic Lolita



It's been such a long time, I thought I'd try to put up a little update. Things have been busy of late, and I guess I've left a big gap since my last post. Well, it's much too late to elaborate. Safe to say that life just keeps going on and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

I will say that I have been caught up by the artwork of this French artist: http://petitcarreau.free.fr/main.htm. On the weekend, I was also interested in a "How to draw manga" book that presented some pretty good gothic lolita pics. I couldn't afford it, but it still got me thinking about the style (it's similar to the Powerpuff Girl doujinshi I recommended quite a while back!). Several minutes of intense staring and I thought I'd give it a try... unsuccessfully. Well... I can't get the fashion right in pic 1. In pic 2, I abandoned all fashion and tried for the small girl, big weapon thing. Didn't work. Pic 3... well... she's kinda cute but that's about it. Sigh...

Well, what did I expect for not doing anything for so long? Ah, well....

No comments: