Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Uninvited - The Story Pt 9

BM: Despite everything else going on, there was this nagging feeling of restlessness and loneliness. I had decided to quit cold turkey and stop calling her. Instead, I chose to admire her from within my memories and for a while things seemed to be a little better.

BM: I had hoped that by turning my back on her, I could grow stronger and finally have the strength to admit that I should leave her alone. I had hoped that I could eventually forget her completely... but...

BM: .. the pull was too strong. Everytime I denounced my emotions they came surging back. Doubt and disbelief can sometimes give a man hope, and hope will often bring on the biggest fall.

BM: And so I succumbed. How could I not? Her voice in my tortured memories was like some Siren's call. I was compelled to plunge heedlessly forward eyes closed. The buildup of hope was such a huge pressure that I could no longer resist...

(To be continued...)

1 comment:

Baron Crovax said...

Thesis submitted. God save my sorry soul. Please help me in my troubled future and take pity on my pathetic work.

Amen.